1. Dubai has been called a giant theme park surrounded by an even bigger sand pit. And for children, we’d say that’s pretty accurate. The waterslides at Aquaventure on the Palm include the hair-raising ‘leap of faith’ – a 90 foot drop into a ‘shark tank’ - and for those in search of something calmer, there are 17 hectares of lazy rivers, cascades, tidal waves, pools and rapids to play in. Just don’t forget your sun cream.
2. For more water-based fun, the whole family can swim with dolphins in the lagoons of Dolphin Bay. This unforgettable experience will also leave you with cherished photos for the mantelpiece... what more could you want?
3. Cool off away from the dazzling Dubai sunshine with a visit to Ski Dubai, the only ski slope in the UAE. If skiing and boarding aren’t your thing, then the snowball throwing gallery, bobsled track and the snow cave will keep you happily entertained.
4. If there’s ever been a good way to keep the children happy while you shop, it’s Kidzania. Designed by kids, for kids, it’s a colourful wonderland of make believe where children can try an ‘adult’ job for the day, including flying an aeroplane or being a doctor, with full uniform too. Conveniently nestled into Dubai Mall, it couldn’t be more handy.
5. Delve into the desert and roar around the dunes in a 4x4, take a camel ride or try sand boarding for a day out with a difference. Escaping the city is a must when visiting Dubai, and it’s easier than you think to attend a lantern-lit Bedouin feast.