For most of us, the half-term holiday falls late this year. So if you and the kids are after some much-needed Vitamin D then you can forget about the majority of Europe, where there’s no guarantee the sun will make an appearance. For reliably warm weather and fun-filled family days on the beach, you’ll need to go a little further. Here are our picks of the very best deals and offers for a fantastic family half-term beach holiday in the sun.
[caption id="attachment_1647" align="aligncenter" width="491" caption="Palm Tree Court & Spa"][/caption]
Middle East: Dubai
Expect average temperatures in the low 30s and nine hours of sunshine a day. Chances of rain are non-existent, so be sure to pack the factor 30!
We’ve got five nights for the price of four at the five-star family beach resort, Palm Tree Court & Spa in Dubai from £1,399 per adult and £1,369 per child, under 12 (saving £480 total). Valid for departure on 20 October, the price includes all-inclusive accommodation with branded drinks in a garden view junior suite (sleeps four) and flights from London with Gulf Air. With an 800-metre white-sand beach, four swimming pools, 15 restaurants and bars and an array of watersports, this is an ideal family beach holiday with guaranteed sun!
Kids will love…
• the free savoury snacks, soft drinks and popcorn served at the Anchor Bar between 5pm and 6 pm each day
• the free session of selected motorised watersports (age limits apply to some)
• The CoolZone Kids’ Club and Chill Zone Teen Club which runs various activities for children aged three to 16 years including: beach Olympics, bracelet fashion, badminton challenges, Master Chefs classes, water fights, movie nights, camel fun rides and much more!
[caption id="attachment_1648" align="aligncenter" width="491" caption="Little Good Harbour"][/caption]
A great winter sun getaway, average temperatures are around 24 to 30C. It’s also the tail end of the wet season, but don’t let that put you off. Showers are normally short and you’re far more likely to enjoy eight hours of sunshine a day.
We’ve got seven nights at the five-star boutique hotel, Little Good Harbour, in Barbados from £1,213 per adult and £1,122 per child, under 12. Valid for departure on 28 October, the price includes a stylish two-bedroom fort suite on a room-only basis (saving £690 total) and flights from London with Virgin Atlantic. A quintessential Caribbean escape and famed for its fantastic Fish Pot restaurant, all suites overlook a beautiful white-sand beach. Located by a quiet fishing village, the complex has two swimming pools and a spa.
Kids will love…
• try Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) with Charlie Allen at nearby SurfsUp Paddleboarding or with Jason Cole at Paddle Barbados
• attend the Bajan Roots and Rhythm dinner plus stage show, with dancers, steel pan bands, folklore figures, fire-eaters, stilt-walkers and fire-limbo
• Take a day-long boat outing and go snorkelling over coral. You might even spot a sea-turtle!